Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Sharpshooter in Gotham...

Taking a break from the Champions Online review, I've been busy with my 3D work and have invested time into creating busts. It's practice and its paying off, because prior to this my musculature work was terrible. I never really understood how to obtain muscle definition without it looking blobby or lumpy. After rehashing the same things over and over again, and doing some trial and error techniques I think it's safe to say that I have a grip on it and can proceed with developing it even more.

Without further adieu:

Photobucket

(Concept Art):

Photobucket


The character is property of leohorik from Deviant Art (http://leohirok.deviantart.com/), or better known as Compound on the DCUO Source boards. I was shooting for stylized-realism but I think I got more stylized than what I originally had in mind. Its cool though. I'm a stylized kind of guy. I observe reality 24/7. Sometimes you need to get a little whimsical for things to be interesting and appealing.

Now run tell that. ;)

No comments: