Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mr. Incredible Told Me No...

...no seriously. He did. A couple weeks ago I sent off a package to apply for Pixar's TD Residential Internship position. I've wanted to work with these guys since I was 13. It's the reason why I'm doing what I'm doing today. Well, a couple hours ago I got an email...a generic one....that told me thanks, but no thanks.

Screw you, Woody. Nah! I kid! I was a little taken for about a minute, patted myself on the back, and told myself, "At least you tried. That's the important part." Had I not tried I wouldn't have known if I could do it or not. After talking to my parents on the phone and tellin' my 3 BFFs, I felt better. I didn't count it as a loss or failure, but a sign that I need to work five times harder than I am now...

...and I have a very strong faith. I really believe God is testing my faith here. He knows this has been a dream of mine since 13. He makes no mistakes, so all I can do is smile, suck it up, and keep it movin'. When one door closes, another will open, and that's about all that can be said.

So thanks Pixar for the boost! Even though I didn't make the cut, I'm still encouraged and inspired to push for success. I'm headed in your direction, so look out for me! I was REALLY hoping to get to work on Toy Story 3, but I suppose being part of the Incredibles 2 ain't half bad. ;)

No comments: